Personal Trainer. Fitness Instructor. Occupational Therapist.
Welcome to Backing my Body; a safe, inclusive space for you in an often daunting fitness world.
Are you tired of punitive exercise?
Bored of diet culture rhetoric?
Confused with conflicting advice?
Lost with finding movement that works for YOU?
My work moves away from the all too common focus on aesthetics, and I firmly believe fitness shouldn’t be seen (or experienced!) as a means to an end. I want to help you find movements that bring you L I F E and walk away from the ones that negatively impact on your life.
I don’t want you to dread a run. I don’t want you to fear a class. I don’t want you to hate the gym (I don’t even want you to go to the gym if that IS what you hate!)
I want you to learn to trust your body, find what makes you feel good, and empower yourself to re-write the ‘rules’ or ‘conditions’ you’ve been cultured to create for yourself within movement.
LOOK! I know what I’m doing!
Alongside my personal and professional experience, I bring the following qualifications to support you in backing your body.
- Level 2 Gym Instructor (Study Active)
- Level 3 Personal Trainer (Study Active)
- Kettlebell Instructor (Train Fitness)
- Occupational Therapy BSc Hons (University of the West of England)
- Psychology BSc Hons (University of the West of England)
- Practitioner Skills for Eating Disorders Diploma (National Centre for Eating Disorders)
Find me on socials!